DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Thursday, May 21, 2009

New puppy - need a name!

Yes, I know... we are nuts... but we are getting a puppy from the St-Hy Vet hospital. They called us! Anyhow, he is a 3 month old Bernese Mountain dog who is recovering from the nasty parvovirus. His sister is recovering also, and another sister is still in the hospital under care. You see, I did good... only adopting one dog!

He is going to be a Big dog, so we need a Big name. I suggested Zeus, but its not being universally accepted right now. So, calling all friends to post good male strong doggie names - keeping in mind that his older brother is named Zorro. I know you are lurking out there, and I really need some help as DH is suggesting names from his favorite show Babylon 5... or Sirius, Canis Major, as in the constalletion (not as in Harry Potter's Sirius Black which is what I thought). Sirius isn't bad, but its not easy to admonish with - go ahead, try it... the S is hard to do when you are mad!

6 comments:

brn2scrp said...

OMG, you guys are nuts!! Do you know how big these doggies get, lol??? But they are real sweethearts... let's see, I know a BMD named Woody, and a BMD-poodle cross (weird but true - that makes one BIG poodle) named Zinny. I'm not all that good with doggie names (though I am the one who came up with our Lexi's name, even though the rest of the family keeps trying to take credit). Here's what I've heard; it shouldn't end in "o" (rhymes with No). One or two syllables tops. I'll think about it and if I come up with a good BIG DOG name, that maybe starts with Z, and has sci-fi connotations ... I'll let ya know :o)

brn2scrp said...

Buddy

Ace

Jake

Milo (I know, I said no "o" names ... but couldn't resist this one)

I'll come back when I think of more ... (couldn't come up with Z names or sci-fi connections, lol)

stefferqc said...

Thanks! A friend in Alabama (who isn't posting!) came up with Bubba, to go with her dog's name of Buck. Let's just say that the name didn't go over well here.... However, these have come up over the weekend:
Caspian
Troy
Caramel
Plato

Carol said...

Giving up some of my fav beardie names, here:

Chaos

It'sMe

Jugalo

Ghost

Are you cra-zee... heh heh

brn2scrp said...

Thought of another one - tough guy name: Rolf. Lol!

Patricia said...

Hey you're back on Earth!! ;o)
Names for big dog...
G'Kar (for B5 addicts!)..
My mom got a new bernese a few weeks back, his name is Enzo.
Mutz is good for teddy bear-like dog like the bernese ;o)
Now to go with Zorro, you could name him Sgt Garcia.. hihi..

Have fun! :o) and take care..