DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Friday, July 27, 2007

Climbing the wall all ready!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket



So its only been a week since our LOI was sent and I am all ready climbing the walls... this is going to be a looooooonnnnnnnggggggg wait, it looks like.

I could make "a list" of things I should be doing or getting. I've been reading up about scabies... oh my. Tristan's worms were bad enough for me, and now scabies! I haven't looked on line yet to see what it look likes - I am not looking forward to it. Lice I am prepared for, as I am all ready checking the boys heads for them... several outbreaks at school and at day camp.

Let's see, a list... a list would look like this I suppose:

1. Meds: scabies, lice+ comb, de-worming stuff, motrin/tylenol, general antibiotics (Zythromax, Cipro), benadryl, gravol, glycerin suppositories, polysporin, cortate cream, calamine, Immodium, band-aids, Sinus/Cold meds, Yeast infection meds (yuck!), Liquid vitamins, Melatonin, sanitizing wipes, epi-pen for me

2. Personal hygiene for K: tootbrush/toothpaste, hair brush, nail clip, hair accessories, Aveeno bath wash, shampoo/conditioner, pull-ups and diapers, wipes for the wee-bum, pate d'ihle for the wee-bum, little washcloths for when the wee-bum is raw and can't tolerate the wipes, kleenex packets

3.Clothes (size 24 mths and 2T): bibs, pj's, leggings and long sleeve shirts, a few dresses, jeans, sweatshirt or sweater, bathing suit, undies (?), socks, a jacket and pants (fall) + hat + mits + neck, winter jacket and winter pants (for here).. can't get shoes nor boots as I don't know her size

4. Toys: a soft security blanket, a dollie, a blow up ball, spunges, books, yarn

5. Gifts for officials (Notary, Orphanage Director, Nanny, Orphanage): ???? Inukshuk scupltures, tea/chocolate, pens, envelopes for money, cleft bottles + nipples

6. Travel: stroller, back packs (one for me, one for K), tanslation cards - allergy card, travel journal, books to read for me, alarm clock, duct tape

7. Food (hot plate available in room): Cheerios, Granola bars/Ensure bars/Fruit Bars, Ziploc bags, Ziploc containers, plastic cutlery, sanitizing wipes, coffee/tea, gum, oatmeal/cream of wheat packets

8. K's room: bed, linens + draperies, bureau, paint, art work

9. Z + J room: re-paint per Z's specs ("multi-color"!), move furniture around to fit two kids in J's room

10. Official stuff: 2 passport size photos, photocopy all docs going to China (2 or 4 copies) - our original file submitted, SN addendum/LOI, Immigration paperwork, TA , notarized letter for Greg (since he will probably not be able to go with me... sighhhhhh)

So here's a question... how is all this going to fit into 1 suitcase that weighs less than 50 lbs+ one carry-on? (Minus of course the bedroom re-modelling). Oh, and I haven't mentioned my clothing and toiletries as I have most of that stuff all ready, so I just through it in too.

I was thinking of getting a portable dvd player and bringing some movies along (both for me and for K). What do you think? Don't want to bring a laptop, as I don't feel confident enough in hooking it up myself in the room -would rather find an internet cafe for that.

1 comment:

4D said...

That list will def keep you occupied until K is in your arms.

Keep smilin!