DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Thursday, July 26, 2007

The Police concert was awesome....

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


I had the best time with my hubby last night going back into the 80's and re-living my youth. We stood for almost the whole concert! Our seats were awesome - we were up in section 102, row H... which was equivalent to being 7 rows back from the stage at ground level. We had a birds eye view of what was going on back stage too - I saw Sting waiting with his bass guitar, and then I saw them run out and under the stage... what a treat to see that activity. I am paying today for the fun though - I had a migraine yesterday, and today it is full force and I am having a hard time controlling it, so I took the day off. My favorite was definitely Walk on the Moon. Copeland is an amazing, amazing percussionist and he really got a chance to shine in certain numbers! Worth every penny we spent!


Fictionplane was great too - I have their single going through my head today (Two Sisters). Yes, Joe Sumner sounds like his dad at the high end of his voice and yes he moves like him... bu t they definitely have their own sound and its a joy to listen to them. They will mature a bit more (even though they have been together for like 5 yrs), but over all I would see them again in a local "spectacle". Their new album, Left Side of the Brain, is awesome... it carried us through 1 hr 30 minutes of traffic to get home from the concert.

1 comment:

4D said...

Great stuff! Sounds like a fad time. Me loves Sting!

Hope your migraine passes soon.

Keep smilin!