DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Monday, August 25, 2008

It's finally happened!

Kaitlynn finally said "Je n'aime pas ca"!

She was referring to cumen scented zucchini. You see, she has eaten everything I have put in front of her, absolutely everything since we came together way back in November 2007... which, to be honest, is not "normal" for my children. I have children that have a lot of personality and a lot of hpmf in them, and I just couldn't figure out how to get Kaitlynn's character to come out when it came to eating. How could a child of 2 1/2 and 3 yrs old like absolutely everything... its just not right!

Out of the blue tonight, she looks up at me and says quite clearly "Je n'aime pas ca.". I told her it was all right not to like something, but that she needed to eat it anyways cause she was growing and needed her vegetables. She looked at her plate, then looked at me, and with an upturned nose, dug in to the best that she could palate. She ate most of it, but didn't like it at all. YUPPIE! Independent spirit on the way!

Hang on... I will be dreading this in a few months, but for now, I am just so happy that she found the courage to speak up and express her likes and dislikes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a girl. There is a way that she is very different from her 'orphanage sibling'. Among the very first things he learned to say were, 'Jie-Jie no want it/Jie-Jie no like it/J'aime pas ca'. He mostly uses them for vegetables!

Dawn

brn2scrp said...

Good for Kaitlyn!! She will need to learn to assert herself, that's for sure. But maybe she just doesn't want to do that with you because she knows you're Maman and you know best. I speak from experience ... my mother spent my last year before I was due to leave for cegep trying to get me to assert myself (she was afraid my roomies would eat me alive if I didn't develop a spine). Once I realized what she was doing I explained to her that I could assert myself just fine with my friends, but respected her so much, if she told me to do something (or not to, lol), I would do it no questions asked!