DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Going out on a limb

I went into work today for the first time in 6 months. Everyone was very happy to meet Kaitlynn and to see the changes in me. Yes, I still have straight hair and I have now lost 24 lbs! Kaitlynn won everyone over and they were all very surprised to see that she speaks fluently in french. I'm not 100% sure I should do this, but here is a pic of me and the family taken last weekend, as proof of how cute my kids are and that indeed my hair is straight (I kept saying to my mother that I couldn't believe I was having a great hair day, on the day of pictures!):


I had also promised earlier to talk about daycare... so here goes. We decided to split the daycare spot that Jacob currently holds into two part time spots. That way Jacob could spend two days a week with me, alone, and Kaitlynn could go and meet some new friends and socialize a bit more than she has been at home. This, my friends, was a stroke of genius! Jacob has been so much happier and more calm than I could possibly describe in words, while Kaitlynn who was languishing at home with no kids to play with during the day has just bubbled up with happiness. This has worked out nicely too, as it will be a slow transition for Kaitlynn into the daycare atmosphere and hopefully by August/September, she should be all ready for full time daycare when I go back to work.

I will post the pictures from the kids birthday parties... once I find the camera... I know its around here somewhere... yes, that would be kids, as Tristan and Kaitlynn (and Zorro) have the same birthday date (not year, obviously).

3 comments:

brn2scrp said...

Oh wow, what an absolutely fantastic family picture!!!!!

4D said...

LOVE the pic! You all look fab.

I am happy that your idea worked out well.

Keep smilin!

Leanne Franson said...

qWow, splitting the daycare spot into two! How brilliant is that! Wish I could do that. Small son would love to play with kids twice a week... we're still on the waiting list. And I swallowed the pill and we booked a photo session (this Thursday... my mom arrives from Vancouver tomorrow) with Cheezz on your recommend. Hope we turn out half as good as you all did. Small son looks like a plague victim though, as like your small daughter, he scratches, and what were once small pink mounds of skito bites are now large oozing wounds. Drat!