DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Friday, January 18, 2008

I'm backkkkkkk

A bit of catching up to do, I would say. First off, I'm better - the stitches come out in 2 weeks so I still can't smile nor laugh otherwise it pulls my whole cheek and causes the most uncomfortable feeling... but at least it is holding. I just heard that a friend of mine went through the same thing, but it ended in disaster when the stitches came out on their own three days later and the skin graft fell off!

Now onto pleasant things. I completely forgot to mention we had a great New Year's with our friends Sandra and Fred and their kids, Lily and Noah!


Isn't Lily just beautiful in her Chinese silk outfit! I of course forgot to put Kaitlynn in hers. The kids had mac and cheese, and the guys went all the way out to St-Lambert to get us Szechuan take out! Then we played Cranium for the first time, and we had a blast! Great way to bring in 2008.

Now, onto the festivities for Jacob's third birthday. The theme as you will see was Cars... all the way. The boy would watch the movie three or four times a day if we let him. The first words I hear from him in the morning, is "PISTON CUUUUUUPPPPPP"... I have no idea why, but he just loves the sound of it... but I digress. I made it through the day without one tear, so I think that is progress. DH had one or two moments, with flash backs, but he held up all right too.


the table before the activities


The kids decorating their own cupcakes


My three big boys, 6 1/2, 5 1/2, and 3!


Oh my... its.... CARS!!!!
(Its a carrying case for all his Cars' cars.)


I can't get the cake in fast enough so I will stuff it in!


Wants some? Its really good... honest, I just took a couple of bites.


Kaitlynn with her confection... she only likes the icing and the candies... for now.

wedding

I also just heard that a great friend of mine is getting married in March... I am just tickled pink for her and just plain HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY! I wish you the best wedding day, dear Rosie, and the best marriage - may it make you happy for a lifetime, and beyond that, 'cause you deserve it girlfriend!



the biggest loser
Bob... the cutie patutie from Biggest Loser... (Check out the cool tatts, Pat!)

Finally, I am back on my healthy living plan - diet is a four letter word around here - and so I will be making some small changes on the blog to highlight this. The adoption community is changing, and it is quite frankly angry in a lot of places due to The Wait and the lack of information flow, and quite frankly the lack of having their child in their arms. I don't blame them for a second, and I am angry too about it... I just don't understand why so many kids and so many parents have to go unmatched, its just beyond me. I need some positive vibes going on, so I am going to look for some inspirational stuff to link too now. Hopefully this will help those that are still waiting for their angels to come see something different and positive.

2 comments:

brn2scrp said...

Hi!!!! Glad to see you bloggin' again and glad that you are feeling better. Good luck with the healthy living thing ... I'm doing atrociously on the four-letter-word front but have high hopes for tomorrow (and tomorrow, and tomorrow...). Got my letter-to-myself in the mail yesterday (y'know, the thing from the LT course). Uh, I've pretty much reached NONE of my goals. Sigh. "See" ya later!

Patricia said...

LOL.. yeah, he has nice tats indeed.. :oD I'm trying to loose weight too, as you know. According to fitday.com, if I want to loose 60lbs for July, I have to loose 2.55lbs per week.. hmm.. don't think I can do that but I ain't gonna go crazy like the Biggest Losers! :o)

Nice party for the kids. Still going with Cars? wow.. that's fidelity!!..

Take care