DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Oh damn...

scale

I finally got on the damn thing, and damn it, I've gained... again... that's what you get for being on the See diet. Umm, that would be, I SEE it, I eat it. I think this is the first Christmas in like 7 years that I didn't think twice about having a chocolate or a glass a wine or some trifle or some cookies... which was kind of liberating, but now I am paying the price for that freedom. So here we go again, back on my exercise/no sugar diet again, and again, and again. I hadn't wanted to start until after my surgery next week, but I don't think I can wait now that I know all the work that awaits me. The advantage I have is I will probably not want to eat much next week anyways, so it might help in the end... I just won't be able to do any exercise 'cause my blood pressure can't go up for three days (Ha! Good one... I have 4 kids, as if that is going to happen!)


potty training?

Today was supposed to be day 1 of potty training for at least Jacob... however, the little bugger has developed a case of the runs overnight. So no potty training today for him! Kaitlynn is ready, but we want her language skills to be a little stronger so that we can understand when she has to go... she just gets a blank stare on her face when we ask her.

2 comments:

brn2scrp said...

Wow, at least you were brave enough to step on the scale ... I haven't done that in weeks and probably won't until I re-join Weight Watchers next week... Hey, good luck with the surgery next week. There is definitely less eating involved for a few days, so you'll get a head start on the diet thing!! Hope you will have someone at home with you for a couple of days to help with the kids ... the first two days were kinda rough for me ... and the painkillers (first time around) put me right out.

Leanne Franson said...

You just need to teach her the "potty" sign: ASL sign language "T", shaken (make a fist with your thumb between your index and middle fingers). If Taotao can do it, Kaitlynn the articulate certainly can!