DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Damn it, damn it, damn it

I would use much stronger language (like the f-bomb) if there weren't young ones who read this but I know there are so I am being very circumspect. She has a damn fistula, damn it. Of course it happens in between her follow up appointment last night at 5:15 pm and this morning at 7ish am. DH saw it first, then I took a good look and there it was. Its a big black hole about 2-3 mm big right at the margin of her soft palate and the flap that they put on her hard palate (a fistula is basically a tear in the incision. She has a piece of suture hanging down in the middle of her mouth, and this hole... or fistula). Damn it... at least the Resident called me right back after he was paged and told me that there is really nothing we can do yet. He is going to go talk to her surgeon, Dr. Williams, and get a plan together as to what we do. Hopefully, he will see us on Friday between cases. Till then, we sit tight.

Damn it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry , things will work out hang in there keep us updated, as always thinking of you and sending postitve vibes , prayers, hugs and kisses
colette

4D said...

I am not sure what a fistula is but from your reaction and calls to the Dr....not good. Hope it is resolved soon!

Keep smilin1

Leanne Franson said...

LOL! Well, I already read the news that it will likely mend itself, so I am not worried on that count. I am severely dismayed to see that "damn it" is considered good language for younger readers! Be damned if WE ever have playdates with your foulmouthed family! LOL!!! ;D