DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Friday, February 29, 2008

She is just so happy

I think these pics just sum it up beautifully:





She has literally been glowing since yesterday - even the doctors and nurses noticed. I've noticed a big change in her too - if its possible, her face has changed since the operation. It seems to be more delicate and more "put together", for lack of better wording. Is it possible for her to feel that a massive change has occurred and its just radiating from her every pore? I think she is truly happy beyond compare, and I think its all her (I don't believe we are putting our emotions on her here). Remember this is two days post-op!

She slept relatively well, except for a bit of pain at 11 pm last night. She woke up with a smile and has spent the day staying quiet and watching her favorite movies - Doodlebops and Mickey Mouse. I've got her on organic baby food till next week when she has her post-op appointment - she lost a lot of blood and her hemoglobin levels were very low, so we need to pump her up with the best of the best. She is much harder to understand now that everything is swollen up, but she is now saying nice "b" and "p"! Otherwise, she is doing just great!

P.S. Those pics were taken last night, while watching Ni Hao Kai-Lan! Believe it or not, we had just gotten home from the hospital, and I asked her what she wanted to do. She asked to watch Tree House, so I put her on the couch and turned on the TV. Max and Ruby was just finishing (THANK DOG!... I can't stand Ruby), and sort of turned my back to go and do something else. Then all of a sudden, I hear the theme song to Kai-Lan and I about dropped to the floor... I thought we had missed the premiere on Tuesday. Talk about timing! They all really enjoyed it, and Kaitlynn got up and danced with her brothers, and kept saying "Ni Hao!"

4 comments:

Leanne Franson said...

Well, she certainly doesn't look miserable in pain! She is absolutely glowing. And I see what you mean about her face... it does seem changed. Congratulations on a major step over! Uphill from now on!

And I didn't realise we could get that Ni Hao cartoon here... are you able to record it for those of us still in the dark ages without cable? Did you think it is a good show?

Thanks for updating when you must be exhausted and so busy!

brn2scrp said...

Cool! So nice to see her home looking so happy and healthy. How are YOU doing?? Sleep much?

Leanne Franson said...

jqsqzxzI just came back to see if there was another update... and I have to say, she is just so CUTE! Those photos... I just want to pick her up and hug her to bits! ;D Hope all is going well in her recovery, and mama and baba are getting enough sleep!

Anonymous said...

Kaitlynn'Anmei, your 1000Kilowatt smile assures us all the right decision was made, agonizing as it was for mommy and daddy.

You are truly a child of grace from whom I have learned so much in the 3 months since I met you.

Proud *beam* from GC