DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Saturday, February 9, 2008

So get this...

After two visits to the pediatrician, one visit to the clinic, then a rush to the Children's hospital to see the surgeon, we finally get confirmation that Tristan's foot is fine - whatever we have been doing, with the soaking and the oral and topical antibiotics has worked to clear up the infection. So no surgery finally! Can you believe this?! At least our ped's admitted that she just didn't know but she didn't want to take any chances. Now we wait the 7 more days of treatment and then we go see a dermatologist (anyone know of any good ones on the South Shore?) to make sure that the damn wart that started this whole story is gone. Oh, and Tristan and DH got fast tracked at the hospital for some reason, so almost no wait time and no triage - they were in and out in about 2 hrs.

When I get up enough nerve, I'll take a picture of his heel and post it... so you can all go "UGGHHHHH.... that's disgusting!" (Which btw is Tristan's favorite line now "Maman, c'est disgusting"). You know... I should have finished my studies in pre-med and become a pediatrician... it would have saved a lot of heart ache this week!

2 comments:

Patricia said...

Glad to know he's fine. :o) They were lucky to go that fast at the hospital. I spent twice 4 hours in the waiting room this week, only 4 because I went in with the ambulance (some idea my doctor had!) the first day and I was returning the 2nd. And also I wasn't seeing a medical doctor. For regular folks, at Charles-Lemoyne, there was a 12-15hrs wait! Better not be too sick!!!

Leanne Franson said...

thank god no surgery! That's great they got fasttracked and didn't have to wait to get looked at. Hospitals aren't REALLY the place to hang out. And YES I want to see the disgusting photos! lol!