DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Friday, February 1, 2008

Someone is growing

For about 1 week now I had been noticing small changes in Kaitlynn. For instance, I remarked to Greg that her diapers didn't seem to be so tight anymore. Then I noticed that it was getting harder to put her in her one piece snowsuit. Yesterday, our part time nanny extraordinaire, Christiane, says that she thinks Kaitlynn has grown. This morning I am staring at her, going "I think she has grown... she looks leaner somehow." So I measured her this morning, and lo and behold she has grown almost 1 inch in 15 days! Oh my goodness... here comes the growth spurt! Here are some pics I took this morning: (oh, and the band-aids on her face? What does a 2 1/2 yr old do when she has eczema on her face?... you got it, scratches and gets the bo-bos infected)




We also went on a playdate with Tao Tao and Leanne and Gretchen last week. Here are some pics of the fun!

No traffic, no slowdown on the Jacques Cartier bridge, find a parking spot right in front of Leanne's when the snow clearing is coming through on the other side other street... result is you arrive 30 minutes earlier than you thought you would, and you get to watch Leanne and crew head out for a much needed doggie walkies! It was funny watching them head out to the park, while Kaitlynn slept soundly in the back (she always falls asleep in the car).


The Gretchen... banished to the front hall.


The kids ready for lunch. I tell you these two are related somehow, somewhere!
That would be Kaitlynn in the pink... in case you couldn't tell.

4 comments:

brn2scrp said...

Aw, even with the bandaids she is such a cutie ... and always looking so happy! First time I see her in a colour other than pink or purple I think, lol!!!

So, wrote you a long email in response to yours - except I think I forgot to press send!!! Must check on that on Monday (must be in my drafts). The new job thing - I think I may have told you a while back that they re-org'd the shop and created an EX-02 - results are out - I'm in. Deputy DG of HR. Yikes, yikes, yikes. Keep an eye on your inbox next week, I'll send you that email!!!

Anonymous said...

My god an inch in 15 days! What are you feeding that girl? She is starting to look so different already. More little girl, less baby. Juliette says 'Hi'. She got an e-mail with Kaitlynn's picture in a Santa hat. She talked about Chunmei quite often during the trip. Mostly commenting on how she was such a joyous, happy little soul.

Dawn

4D said...

She is getting to be a big girl!

It is spooky...the do look a lot alike.

Keep smilin!

Leanne Franson said...

LOL! dang, I didn't know it was candid camera! Look how behind I am on reading your blog! Wow, you captured my table with nothing on it! ahhh, it is all piled on the washing machine! Wow, one inch! amazing! I think the Tao is growing too... I put on the shorts he was swimming in this summer and they JUST fit! Kaitlynn is adorable. I love the bandaids stuck all over! I hope we can have another playdate this week!