DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Monday, February 25, 2008

Tomorrow is the big day!


We are as ready as we can be, for our early morning departure to the hospital. Kaitlynn's surgery is first at 7:45 am, and I figure we will leave at about 6ish to get downtown. I say we cause DH is coming too - Tristan had enough sense to ask Grammy Carol to come and help out for a few days! So in spite of her beloved doggie being injured (and on the mend, she assures me), she should be arriving sometime after dinner tonight. The first question out of the boys mouths when they came home from school is "Has Grammy Carol arrived yet?", to which I answered no, not yet... but soon. It seems that they put a special request in for Grammy Carol to bring Timmie's donut holes...

We've had a few conversations with Kaitlynn to get her ready for tomorrow. I don't think she quite gets it yet, but she understands that her "bo-bo" in her mouth will be fixed tomorrow and that Maman will be there when she wakes up. I used "bo-bo" with her cause she sometimes gets food stuck in the cleft, by the gum line, and she will point to it and say "bo-bo"... to which I respond to and fix. I am hoping that she understands that this "bo-bo" will no longer happen - and not that her cleft is the bo-bo... a very important subtlety for me, as I don't want her to think that I think the cleft itself is a wound. We moved Jacob out of their room for the week, so that when she comes home in 3 or 4 days she can sleep soundly and long without Jacob getting up and turning on the the lights at 5:45 am! She kind of understands, but is still sad that her Jacob isn't with her in the morning.

We will be in the Children's Hospital, C-738 is the general area where the nurses can guide anyone who wants to come by and see us. I will be there with the K Tuesday and Wednesday, and DH will take over sleeping duties on Wednesday evening (in case I don't get any sleep on Tuesday night!). Hopefully, we will be home Thursday or Friday at the latest. There is no phone in the room and the nurses have asked that no one call unless its really urgent. If anyone is in the general area, please come up for a visit.

Please keep Kaitlynn in your prayers and thoughts over the next couple of days.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sending you guys a big cyber hug , I will be thinking of you and your precious little angel if you need anything just call
Love and Kisses
colette

Anonymous said...

We will keep Kaitlyn in our thoughts and prayers.

Hang in there.

Denise & Mark

Leanne Franson said...

Hi,
I was checking in as I know it's tomorrow. I hope it goes really well. I know it will be an ordeal even if the operation goes smoothly, so I'll be thinking of you. You'll be there Tues and Wed? Do you know what visiting hours are? And will Kaitlynn actually be awake enough on Tues to have 2 yr old boy visitors?!

4D said...

Best of luck!! Keep us posted.

Keep smilin!

brn2scrp said...

Will keep K in my thoughts and prayers ... hugs!

Unknown said...

We are thinking of you guys..and hope all goes as smoothly as it can.

Keep us posted...I know you won't have much time.

Karen

Leanne Franson said...

Thinking of you!
Unfortunately I seem to be coming down with the flu or somesuch, so I won't be coming down to the hospital to visit you and Kaitlynn with Taotao in tow. But I was thinking of her this morning. Hope it all went well, and that she sleeps tonight so you can too! Take care,
Leanne

Anonymous said...

We're thinking of you guys. Jie-Jie sends his love to Anmei.

Dawn, JP, Eva and Jie-Jie