DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Tuesday, September 4, 2007

I'm backkkkkk!

Dropped off there cause I was on vacation with my two eldest boys.





School started for both last Thursday - T in grade 1 and Z in kindergarten! Z loved it so much that he didn't want to leave after the first day and he threw a big fit. T had a little hard time getting into the groove of doing school, but by day 2 he was all there. The September calendar of school stuff is filling up - every Tuesday night, there is something going on at school. With Mandarin classes for me and DH on Monday's, skating for me on Wednesday's, boys hockey on Saturday's, and boys swimming and my skating on Sunday I have no idea how we will get through this school season!


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket





As some of you may know by now, our eldest decided that son #2 should not be the only one with scars around his eyes. He felt bad for Z I guess... T slipped or fell onto the latch of the security gate that is supposed to protect kids from the stairs and he tore open his eyelid, just above his beautiful blue eye. (No that is not a pic of my boy... just thought I would give you a general idea of what it can look like... at least his scar will go into the crease of his eyelid and he won't have a big Z on his forehead like this poor guy... or like Harry Potter for that matter). For once in my life, I panicked and DH didn't - he screamed so, and there was so much blood, I was sure he had lost his eye. After an ambulance ride and a 5 1/2 hr wait at the hospital (and yes, we were a priority) we finally got to see a doctor who confirmed that his eye was fine but that he would need stitches. It took 4 grown men to hold my baby down while the doctor tried to stitch his eye lid back together (yes, they gave him something). He managed to get 6 or 7 stitches in, in two sessions of absolute terror. There is one stitch he couldn't get and we suspect he will have a bump on his eye lid as a result, but on the whole it appears to be healing well. I suspect that this won't be the last of it with our eldest - the very next day, I caught him trying to climb the banister on the damn stairs. Oh, and the gates have been thrown out and replaced with all plastic gates that don't have a a sharp edge anywhere in sight.



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket




Saturday was the Preemie Picnic at the Royal Vic, and we all went and met up with Grammy Carol who looked like a beautiful baby blue apparition. The boys were soooo happy to see her, but then you know something called a "module" and "swimming pool" sort of won out. It was a bit too much for Jacob, so he ended up just clinging to us most of the time. It was quite a cathartic moment for me going back to that place. I have managed to avoid it for over 2 yrs now, and what better way to go back to that place where my life changed completely than through a picnic and seeing so many preemies and families doing just fine, thank you very much. I also hooked up with a preemie group and will be pursuing that avenue for my MNO after I hear back from the hospitals.

No comments: