DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Saturday, September 15, 2007

Not much to say

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

As you can tell, I haven't got much to say these days. Don't know why, because there is still much going on. For instance, went to the airport last night to welcome home Leanne and Mary with their new babies. What a lot of fun that was! I can not get over how wonderful and emotional that experience was for everyone who was there. Leanne was a ball of adrenaline, and Taotao is just a perfect little boy: curious, fun loving and occasionally cranky cause he is hungry. The car seat introduction went just fine, btw, for little Taotao. Penelope is just a beauty, and her mom was just glowing with pride last night.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Tristan's eye is infected. Are we surprised? Not in the least, but its so frustrating when you repeat a million times, "Tristan don't pick your nose" then on the way out he rubs his eye... then scratches at his ezcema that has flared up on his face and on his arms. School is stressful for him, but he isn't speaking much about it. Occasionally he lets out that the other kids are telling him that he is ugly, or he witnesses the older kids being mean to other kids. He didn't eat much on Friday too... not an easy time for a little kid who is so sensitive.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Zach surprised me big time tonight: there is a game called Logix which they use in kinderg where you are supposed to put things on a card in a sequence, and you use some of your logical functions in your brain to figure out where some pieces go. Well, figuring that Zach is such an artsy person, using the right side of the brain almost all the time, there is no way he is going to get this and it will be struggle for me (left brained) to teach a right brained almost 5 yr old how to do it. Surprise, surprise, surprise... was giving Jacob a bath and during that time Zach had polished off 6 or 7 cards by himself. By the time I got downstairs he wanted to show me everyone one that he had done... he got them all right. Boy, was I wrong about this one. Tristan had an impossible time with this, and here is Zach just breezing right through it!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Then comes Jacob... I would like to remind everyone that this boy is 2 1/2 yrs old... he counted to 10 in the bathtub by himself! I figured that I would count out loud, so I started "oooonnnnnnneeeeeee,..." he pipes in "ttttwwwwwoooooo, ttttthhhhhhrrrrreeeee, ffffooouuuurrrrr..." and keeps going till he hits TEN. I was thunderstruck, so I had him do it again and again and again by himself. What the hay is going on? You're two and half, you can't possibly know these numbers yet! After ten, comes 9 according to Jacob, so I kept going to 20 with him repeating after me. We shall see tomorrow if he can count till 20 now. WHAT AM I SAYING? Zach can only count to 8 consistently, and for kindergarten you only need to know to 5 or 6 when they start. MY TWO YEAR OLD IS COUNTING TO TEN ALL READY! Oh man, are we in trouble....

School pictures were taken this week for Tristan and Jacob, Zach is in October. So watch your mailboxes grandparents and uncles and aunts for some gorgeous shots!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

You will be happy to know (I know I am) that July people appear to be receiving their LOA's, so we are getting close. Day 60 is tomorrow, so Monday I am going to be a nervous wreck all day until I go to bed. If Karen calls me, I will scream in her ear... so Karen, you are forewarned that if you experience hearing loss, its not my fault! If I don't get a call, it will be all right for me. Greg is worried I will take it hard, but I won't... I will be a bit relieved to be honest because I ain't ready yet! Just kidding... I need to go and get her and bring her to her new home.


Greg is at Rush tonight - told him to give Geddy my regards! ha... its a guy thing I guess, considering that Greg and three guy friends are going. Oh, and we are on the hunt for the child who broke Greg's guitar string - no one has fessed up yet, but he will be found :o) Along with the child who keeps going into the food pantry for gummy worms for breakfast... but I digress. Time to go to bed, considering I am on the ice at 7 am tomorrow morning.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey if there's one thing I know about kids it's that they will surprise you at every turn ... just go with the flow!!

Does "on the ice" mean you are skating again, or, are is it just that you are taking one of the boys to hockey? I myself am off to the rink momentarily ... to take the boy to hockey ... :o)

stefferqc said...

Hey Nathalie,

"On the ice" means I am figure skating again :o) I am following my action plan big time - I start Mandarin lessons tonight!

Boys are in hockey too, but on Saturdays only for now... phew... too busy with them in figure skatin also.