DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Sunday, September 30, 2007

One word for you all

FRIPERIE!!!!!

I have discovered Friperies! OMG... what fun I can have in there, for such little money. Every time I mention to someone that I have discovered one, they invariably tell me about another one that I didn't know about! Its turning into a quest for me - I have found pants for the big T for $3, in perfect condition; I have found beautiful winter clothing, I'm talking jacket/pants/mitts/hat/scarf, that looks like it has never been worn for $50 (where the retail price would be $250). I am addicted to this new way of retail therapy. I haven't taken any pics of it yet, but if anyone is interested I'll do it. I just had to share my latest adventures.

We are, by the way, no closer to being ready. The J&K room is still not painted, even though the guys were supposed to come over this afternoon to paint. We canceled last night cause we haven't had time to clean out the room, tape it off, or even buy the paint! I should say that Dh just got back from out west, so its understandable that nothing happened cause it takes two to move furniture around and I couldn't tape off stuff, cause by the time I had time to do it it was like 10 o'clock at night. So maybe next weekend we will find time - its going to be white walls (did you know that there are like 73 different kinds of white?), with multi-colored polka dots (think primary colors). Should be fun with the pink and blue beds from Ikea, and I found a polka dot window dressing too. Oh, but now she has enough clothing for 14 days... I counted them cause DH was teasing me that she had enought to last her a month, to which I responded that no, she ONLY had enough for 14 days and that wasn't nearly enough for a girl. He just grinned and walked away from that argument (do not argue with women about girls clothing, gentlemen, it will get you no where.)

We go to the notary this week (for the power of attorney), which pretty much means that I am going alone without DH. We were hoping for some kind of miracle, but its kind of hard to get a miracle when you don't quite know what to ask for. I wish DH could come with me, but we can't leave the boys alone for 2 whole weeks. We can't afford to bring the boys with us, and I think that would just be plain nuts - 3 very active boys on a plane for over 13 hours... not going to happen.

And on that note, everyone needs a bit of Brad to get the week started off just right! Have a good one.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG, thanks for sharing some Brad. Perhaps if you bring that picture with you to China, you won't miss your husband so much eh ... :oP