DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Packages in the air

So there appears to be packages coming to a variety of agencies - this through RQ - so could there be referrals for families mixed with LOA's and TA's? Who knows... I'm actually quite Zen about it today, by aiming for Century Club (day 100). We hit 75 today, so 25 more days to go! I think its the fever and the flu I have that are making me Zen and delirious.

Had a major run in with our sitter last night, which is weighing heavily on me today. She got quite mad at me for trying to explain that we want to go a bit easy on the big T for a while cause he is very stressed out at school. She lost it with me, saying she would resign if we had no discipline in the house and that the boys are playing us. He just needs a firm hand and to concentrate, and that by doing what we are suggesting, we will end up with no end of trouble. DH managed to bring the situation back to a normal speaking tone, and she quieted down but not before telling me that I was not speaking to her respectfully as she is my senior (I told her that I did not appreciate how she was speaking to me). I asked her to leave politely as it was late. She is supposed to come back tonight, and I am left wondering what to do. I don't like being given an ultimatum - don't do this or I will resign - and these are our kids and our family, and it really isn't her place to yell and get mad at me for asking her to follow along with us to help our child out. Trying to give myself the 24 hr cool down before I decide anything, but as I type this I am getting all angry again. Stay tuned...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's not easy when your child-rearing philosophies clash with the sitter's. I was so lucky for the first ten years or so, our sitter was in synch with us (we even liked to say our kids turned out so well because of her influence rather than ours). Then she retired, and thank goodness our kids were old enough that we only had to deal with sitters for another year or so before leaving them on their own. Because not all sitters are created equal. Good luck with yours!