DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Oh my... I've been tagged

Wow, this is hard!

10 things that are splurge-worthy:

10. Coats!?! (I seem to have like 20 of them)
9. Cut flowers from our free trade florist, whom my husband knows on a first name basis!
8. STARBUCKS! (since we have so few here)
7. Big bin of Leggo... (thinking of Christmas)
6. Haircut and colour (right with you on this one Nathalie!)
5. A beautiful dress in size 12 months to 3 yrs!
4. Anything Tilley
3. Books (I want to go just like Jackie O did, surrounded by her family and all her books)
2. A night out with hubby, with kids (can anyone say St-Hub?!)
1. A night out with hubby, no kids ( hit some balls, then Le Fondue Caquelon or Baton Rouge for dinner, then a movie, then... well you know..)


10 things that aren't splurge-worthy:

1. A BBQ (for some reason we can't find $200-$300 to buy one, but we can find $800 to buy new clothing in one shot!... o'k, $900... oh, all right then, $947.74 at Tilley... I am going to China for 2 weeks and I have a weight limit of 40 lbs for one bag and I am packing for two people in that one bag.. that's my excuse and I am sticking to it!)
2. Remote control cars - that break after one use!
3. Lovely Souris Mini clothing for my eldest - he just destroys knees in pants!
4. Rubber boots
5. Rubbers... and yes, you know what I mean... (did you know that you can get them at Maxi?)
6. $300 snowsuit for kids - can get the same one at a Fripperie for $50!
7. Volvo XC 90 (oh, boo woo for me... I WANT ONE!)
8. $227.85 to buff my leased car one week before it has to be returned... to avoid getting a new paint job for it after driving it for 4 years (supposedly now its o'k since I paid them to buff it!)
9. Gift bags more than a $1 - recycle the ones you have!
10. $300 shoes from Brown's... oh boo woo again...

Thanks Nathalie that was fun! While working out this afternoon, I got inspired: I have all of my Dad's old passports and I thought I could do some wonderful scrap pages with them, showing him at the time and his travels. I would like to put them up on the wall though, in a memory box. Now, to go and dig through my papers and stuff to find what I have in mind. Hope this inspires you!

Now, to tag... Doris and Julie, consider yourselves tagged!

P.S. No TA yet.

2 comments:

brn2scrp said...

Cool list! I like Baton Rouge too. I found it easier to think of things to splurge on, than things not worth splurging on ... lol.

Great idea re travel pages for your Dad! I have my parents' old passports too ... or maybe I passed them to my sister (who also scraps). That's a great idea, incorporating the passport into a layout!

Anonymous said...

Haha. that is so funny! $900 on Tilley clothes! I can't blame you, I swear I kept thinking "I'm sure Tilley makes just the thing for travel, weighs a quarter of an ounce, doesn't wrinkle and dries in three minutes!" And I totally agree on books. Fun answers!