DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Thursday, October 4, 2007

And its off....

Crazy, crazy past couple of days. First off, I am sick as a dog so I am in a haze and I figure I am making mistakes that are costing me some effort and some time. For instance, had to run to FUF and took the wrong bridge! I was just blindly driving into downtown not realizing that I had just taken the longest possible way to get there. So by the time I get to the office, I am in a pissy mood so I just walk in, sit down at the large table, and then this lovely lady comes out of nowhere and looks at me like I am a crazy person... "do I know you? what are you doing here?"... oh... sorry, I'm Stefanie... oh, HI, its nice to finally see you... ummm, you are? Pauline! Oh my... did I feel like an idiot for a few seconds.

So, the notary has been visited and our paperwork is signed and delivered to us in quadruplet. This has been given to FUF so it goes to the embassy and to be translated. Visa pictures taken, visa application form filled out, LOA signed, travel spec'ed out and investigation into whether I can use my points is ongoing, travel docs filled out, passports located, care package put together and everything has been delivered to FUF this afternoon. Oh, and did I mention that the big T is sick too, so he has been a trooper this afternoon while we drove from Marieville all the way back to Montreal and then home.

The end result of all this, is everything that needs to be done for now, and the LOA will be sent off tomorrow which is when we officially start counting down for the TA to arrive. Also, its official DH is not going to China with me - no money, can't leave the kids alone for 2 weeks, damn satellite launch pre-launch exercises are in our window for travel. He's starting to accept it slowly and so am I, but its still disappointing.

2 comments:

4D said...

I does suck but he will keep the home fires burning and be in tip top shape to take care of Miss K when you get home and need to readjust.

Great to see you tonight!

Keep smilin!

Anonymous said...

Take care of yourself!!!