DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Saturday, December 15, 2007

Good news... kind of

First off, recipes will come in a next post - I'm glad you are all impressed!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I wanted to jot down a quick note to let you all know that that damn satellite that I have been blasting for months has finally launched successfully. DH is working night shifts this week, which sucks but the good news is that he should be off on parental leave for a month as of tomorrow morning after his last shift. I nearly cried when he got home this morning and told me this... I am swearing at him under my breath now since I have a stress knot in my shoulders from taking care of the 4 kids all by myself this morning, again,... but if this is the last morning of this craziness, then I won't swear too much. This is quite amazing, especially considering a vast majority of the people he works with will be working over the holidays to get this bird working properly.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Also, I had the most amazing and pleasant day yesterday in spite of being alone with 4 kids and having to get downtown to the Children's, after 5 cms of snow fell, for 10 am. I was convinced that I would never make it on time especially considering the Victoria bridge was backed up for at least 30 minutes (or maybe longer... didn't hang around to find out, I went to the Jacques Cartier instead, after waiting 10 minutes or so), the fact that the truck is so big and hard to park (thank doG for a lovely parking attendant who parked it for me!), and that I needed to get a hospital card before heading upstairs (I get the number 40, and they are at number 3! Mistake, then took me right away). Now, on to the wonderful part: as I am trying to find the room number 1126 for K's Cleft Clinic appointment, I turn a corner and who should I see? A smiling Leanne with Tao Tao in tow! I wanted to weep... a happy adult face who looked just as surprised as I did. So we quickly made plans to meet after the appointment, for coffee. We spent I don't know how long in McDonald's talking and feeding the kids, but it was just lovely. I dropped them off at their house, and got to meet Gretchen (Hi puppy!) and I got cookies to boot! Then it was off to Colette's, and I got to meet her littlest angel who is just happy as can be. I tell you, I couldn't have planned this day it just needed to happen the way it did and I simply loved every minute of it.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I can hear my Mom sending me mental vibes.. "but what about the doctor's appointment?" K is just fine, she has "just" a regular cleft without any associated syndromes. She will need surgery asap to close the palate, but we need to go to ENT first and get her hearing evaluated to see if she needs tubes. She is speaking a lot, so I suspect her hearing is just fine (we have probably about 15 words in french now: auto, camion, pieton, velo, NO, Oui, Encore du lait, salle de jeux, Zachary, Jacob, Zorro, Maman, Papa, Leanne, Tao Tao, beau chien Zorro... ummm, I think there is more, but you get the picture). I think we are looking at March or April time frame, depending on the plastic surgeons availability. K will stay in the hospital for 2 or 3 days to recover too (I thought it was done on a day surgery basis, but its not). Then soft and mushy food for a bit - the doctor described it as getting your tonsils out, nothing more than that... to which I cringed at remembering Tristan vomiting and screaming in terrible pain for days on end (Thank doG for Nintendo... the only thing that kept him distracted completely from the pain... now what do I do for a 2.5 year old?). Hopefully, K isn't sensitive like Tristan is.

No comments: