DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Ode to a beater

It is with a heavy heart that I must announce the passing of my Black and Decker beater. This was no ordinary beater, this was a member of our family for so many years. I remember when we first met, thanks to my Mom, who was convinced I would need you before I left for University way back in 1985. Through the years you put up with so much - at times, being left in your cupboard, ignored but not forgotten, then being overworked around Christmas time every year. This year was our best year together. You did so much for your family of 6, even though the years were starting to show. Your tines were bent, your white exterior was looking a little yellow, you would overheat a bit when you worked too hard, you would pant a bit in between sessions of baking and mixing. This is all to be expected from one who is getting on in years.

As all good things, it is your time to official rest where ever it is Black and Decker beaters go. There will only be one like you, you can never be replaced - they just don't make them like they used too. This is how I would like to remember you, hard at work and enjoying yourself. Rest in peace my friend of so many years.


4 comments:

brn2scrp said...

ROFLOL!!! My beater (I think it's a GE, not a B&D - but I've owned it for over 20 years, too!) smells funny when I use it. Sort of ... burny. I think maybe your beloved Black and Decker will soon have company in beater heaven!

Anonymous said...

Sorry about your beater....Where are the recipes?

Dawn

4D said...

You are the cutest!

Good news and good cookies.

Keep smilin!

Leanne Franson said...

Too funny! Mine died making whipped shortbread too, a couple days ago. But got no ode, since it was a new (3 yrs?) Kenmore model that was cheap and plasticky and had no guts... I still pine after the old GE one we had when I was a kid... it went through about twenty years of the same whipped shortbread and I think mom may still have it. I just bought a Black and Decker one on sale... it DID finish the shortbread, but I think they really are shoddily made these days. May your new one be a tuffy and live up to your expectations and the reputation of this one!