DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Saturday, November 24, 2007

1 week home all ready

Time goes so slowly, then seems to go so fast. Its all ready been one week at home with the K, and it seems almost like forever. I got a bit of break today, running around by myself this way and that way - shopping at Walmart at 9:30 am with the parking lot FULL, hockey practice for the boys, grocery shopping, skate sharpening, visit from our friend Ernest - which helped me to re-tune myself. Skating tomorrow morning will also do me a world of good.

This week has been basically one of trying to rest and not exert too much effort in any one thing, but pacing myself and pacing Kaitlynn. Where she hated the playroom, she loves it as long as one of her brothers is in there with her; where she was terrified of the dog, she came up and petted his behind this morning, while Jacob was doing the same thing; where she had never seen snow, she became quite intimate with it this morning by falling over twice head first into it... damn boots, how can anyone stand in those things, let alone walk in them! She continues to eat just about everything we put in front of her, except ice cream (go figure) - I try to make at least one thing that would be for her comfort food (congee, noodles, dumplings, fried pork in pineapple) and that seems to be a nice balance for her. She is very smart - all ready saying "TERMINER" when she has eaten everything in her plate, "Beau chien Zorro" (mommy brainwashing her to believe that Zorro isn't so bad), and the standard auto, velo, camion, bus from Beijing. She is quite literally a sponge, and repeats everything we say. Her gross motor skills are getting better too - she is working on pulling herself up from lying down, just using her abs, she hops around like a bunny, and the stairs are still wobbly but she does like doing them.

I have a hilarious video of the kids which I will figure out how to post soon, so for now... good bye first week, I can hardly wait to see what week 2 holds for us all.

7 comments:

Leanne Franson said...

Wow, that is amazing, all those words already! I guess you speak mostly French at home? Your Kaitlynn gives me hope for Taotao's speech. Sounds like you are doing great despite the jetlag. She sounds like she's making a ton of progress with the dog, the playroom etc. There was no snow where she is from? And where did you get all these recipes? Dumplings! Congee! Pineapple pork! My poor son gets broccoli quiche and spaghetti with italian meatsauce. ;D Thanks for the update! I am always so glad to see you've gotten around to blogging as I wonder what you're up to and how it is going.

Anonymous said...

Are you over the nausea Stef?

Dawn

brn2scrp said...

Thanks for the update! I think of you guys often. Sounds like K is settling in. Can't wait to see your video.

stefferqc said...

Hey Dawn... no, actually I'm not. DH and I think maybe I gave myself an ulcer, from being so stressed out in Beijing. If things don't settle down by tomorrow, I'm off to my GP. That's all I need, on top of the running a household of 4 kids. Thanks for asking...

stefferqc said...

Leanne, had a thought you might want to keep in mind: boys develop slower than girls do, on average, especially for speech. Don't fret with the Tao, it will come - focus on some key words, have him look at your mouth when you say the word, and he will see it as a game. Recipes??? Nah... too tired to make my own stuff - its called President's Choice, and it rocks!

Anonymous said...

Time does go by fast it was a long wait to TA and now it seems as if you have been home for ever with Kaitlynn .I am so happy that she is adjusting so well little girls are so much fun . Talk to you soon.
Colette

Leanne Franson said...

Ahhh, president's choice! Great idea! I'll have to get down to Loblaws. Though the Tao seems to think just about everything I feed him is great. LOL! I threw some raw eggs into boiling canned tomatoes yesterday, trying to reproduce an excellent egg/tomato dish we had in china... i think I did it alll wrong, but he loved it. LOL! And yeah, patient patient. Actually he is starting to try to immitate speech, not just the signs. He says Meh! now for milk and mamama for banana. ;D So sorry to hear about the nausea and possible ulcer! I hope you get well soon!